Private Pilot Resources - Aviation Blog

I obtained my private pilot license in 2006. This site is dedicated to capturing little gems of knowlege I collected during training. Periodically I add items I find during research so that others might benefit from them. Please review the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

In 1999 a friend invited me to go flying and I was hooked. I live in the Bay Area about an hour south of San Francisco and fly out of Reid Hillview (KRHV). Please do get in touch and lets go fly!!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

What are your wings of choice

Lately I have been doing a lot of armchair flying and browsing the web for "my" perfect plane. Turns out I really have two mission profiles. On one hand I need 4 seats and lots of useful load, short field capabilities and decend speed, on the other hand I am fine with a two seater for the bulk of my missions that burns minimum gas and goes slow, but extremely safe. For either mission I'm on the low end of the price range. I like to fly, but I don't like to feel like the bank is riding shotgun.


So here they are, my two choices for my perfect planes. The first is a Maule MXT7-180. I checked the accident records and there are surprisingly few. It's a safe reliable plane with an incredible useful load and a sensible panel. I actually appreciate that Maule's panels at least to now have the old gauges, but make good use of Garmin GPS. It's a clean and effective layout. The Maule treats passengers right. It comes with a right back passenger door that together with the baggage door makes for a huge opening.


The two seater is an ErCoupe. What a cute little plane. It sips gas and has a reputation of being downlight simple to fly. I just love the trainling link gear.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home