Private Pilot Resources - Aviation Blog

I obtained my private pilot license in 2006. This site is dedicated to capturing little gems of knowlege I collected during training. Periodically I add items I find during research so that others might benefit from them. Please review the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

In 1999 a friend invited me to go flying and I was hooked. I live in the Bay Area about an hour south of San Francisco and fly out of Reid Hillview (KRHV). Please do get in touch and lets go fly!!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Flight Planning tool

Link to FltPlan.com - General Aviation Flight Planning It seems like every month I discover new flight planning tools. I really like the AOPA flight planner, but it turns out that my company blocks a port in the network that AOPA needs to have open for me to connect to it. Thus I can't do anything while at work. I just discovered a neat web based site that does a great job in delivering some basic data and some not so basic charting. They also allow me to check METARs and Airport information right from my cell phone, which I always have with me anyway. As I hobble along this road of information gathering I am finding that my data sources have to be as mobile as I am and this one meets those requirements so it's getting a spot in my bag of goodies. The tool can overlay weather and sectional charts on the flight plan and allows for output to PDF. What's missing is a way to auto suggest victor airway routes or a way to discover your route from fix to fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home