Private Pilot Resources - Aviation Blog

I obtained my private pilot license in 2006. This site is dedicated to capturing little gems of knowlege I collected during training. Periodically I add items I find during research so that others might benefit from them. Please review the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

In 1999 a friend invited me to go flying and I was hooked. I live in the Bay Area about an hour south of San Francisco and fly out of Reid Hillview (KRHV). Please do get in touch and lets go fly!!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

What does a stall & spin look like

I always wondered what the view out the window would look like in an inadvertent stall spin. After all, enter a stall during uncoordinated flight and you'll soon find out. The weather is crappy today so I'm doing a little armchair flying and ran across some great video clips on YouTube. Somehow it was important for me to actually see how fast the plane appears to point at the ground.

Cessna stall spin
...and another one
........and another one
...and just because it's so much fun

spinning in a Citabria
and spinning in a Decathlon
and in a Vans RV-12 where you can actually see the aileron inputs nicely. This one also has a great demonstration of airflow separation during the stall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home