Private Pilot Resources - Aviation Blog

I obtained my private pilot license in 2006. This site is dedicated to capturing little gems of knowlege I collected during training. Periodically I add items I find during research so that others might benefit from them. Please review the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

In 1999 a friend invited me to go flying and I was hooked. I live in the Bay Area about an hour south of San Francisco and fly out of Reid Hillview (KRHV). Please do get in touch and lets go fly!!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Monterey

Took the family down to Monterey (KMRY). Just a short hop, but a ton of fun. Last weekend we had spectacular weather. Approach advised 28R and handed me off to tower. I didn't call ahead and asked for taxi instructions to the restaurant. On that side of the field are two FBOs. Million Air and Jet Center. Parking was $30, but gets waved if you buy gas. At Jet Center they also have tickets to the Aquarium and can rent you a car. We didn't need either because we were to meet grandpa for ice cream. The FBO crew gave us a ride over to the restaurant. There is free GA parking on the other side of the field, but I was told no services are available, so arrange for a pickup if you go that route.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home