Private Pilot Resources - Aviation Blog

I obtained my private pilot license in 2006. This site is dedicated to capturing little gems of knowlege I collected during training. Periodically I add items I find during research so that others might benefit from them. Please review the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA, United States

In 1999 a friend invited me to go flying and I was hooked. I live in the Bay Area about an hour south of San Francisco and fly out of Reid Hillview (KRHV). Please do get in touch and lets go fly!!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pilot My-Cast: Stay Ahead of the Weather

Pilot My-Cast: Stay Ahead of the Weather Seems like a nice app for my blackberry. It's $10 a month and seems to provide a pretty good range of services.
Another app for the blackberry curve is AirWx Aviation Weather
Amazing that there aren't a ton of really good aps that would bring together all those free resources and leverage the curve's amazingly accurate GPS.
WXsys is a third choice, but it requires a subscription of almost $14/ month.
But, since it's free and I like how fast it loads on my blackberry, I'm going with http://www.duat.com/mobile. Their standard briefing is very easy to set up on a mobile device. Weather graphics load incredibly fast and are visible even on my blackberry 8330 Curve. The site saves the last 5 requests as links so they are very fast to pop up. Say what you will about government agencies. The FAA really does have it's stuff together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home